Morgan, Brown & Joy has once again been recognized for its outstanding work in the fields of Labor and Employment Law by a leading national survey that rates business law firms. In 2013 Chambers USA Guide to America’s Leading Business Lawyers ranked MBJ in “Band 1” – the top tier of its rankings for Massachusetts management-side firms. Chambers described MBJ as follows:
This highly respected Boston-based boutique has a very deep and well-developed bench, and handles an impressive range of disputes and advisory matters for clients. Its practice is truly national in scope, and its recent work has seen the team handle cases for clients such as Walgreens, General Dynamics and Macy’s across the country. Clients admire and appreciate the firm’s dedication to top-quality service and legal advice at competitive rates….
Chambers continued by identifying and praising the following MBJ attorneys:
- “Excellent litigator” Robert Joy is a highly regarded labor and employment lawyer in Massachusetts. His recent work includes handling the negotiations for a labor contract for over 14,000 employees across New England.
- “Outstanding lawyer” William Joy is a respected practitioner in the labor space, with a strong reputation for representing management in that area. His recent work includes working with clients such as Bloomingdale’s on contract negotiation.
- Jaclyn Kugell is a recognized expert in FMLA and ADA matters, and is viewed by clients as a go-to attorney for advice in these areas.
- Laurence Donoghue is a popular choice with clients in the labor and employment space, and has a broad-based practice. His recent work includes forming part of the team which represented Verizon Wireless in labor actions stemming from a strike.
- Philip Boyle is an experienced practitioner in this space, and works with private and public sector clients in a range of disputes. He recently acted for Phoenix Light Rail Transit in negotiating its new labor contract.
- Nathan Kaitz has a nationwide practice which is broad in scope. He offers experience in a wide range of litigation and arbitration matters on behalf of employers
The Chambers USA Guide ranks law firms and individual lawyers. According to its website, Chambers USA researchers interviewed a vast range of lawyers and their clients. The qualities on which rankings are assessed include technical legal ability, professional conduct, client service, commercial astuteness, diligence, commitment, and other qualities most valued by the client.