Morgan, Brown & Joy’s Jaclyn Kugell to Speak at MCLE’s Webcast, “Employment Law for Business Lawyers & In-House Counsel”
Morgan, Brown & Joy attorney Jaclyn Kugell will speak at the Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education (MCLE) live webcast, “Employment Law for Business Lawyers & In-House Counsel,” on January 28, 2021. The program will provide business lawyers and in-house counsel with an understanding of labor and employment matters, including how to prepare employment-related documents and manage employment-related litigation.
Kugell and fellow faculty members will address:
- Maintaining a Safe and Productive Workplace in the Age of COVID-19: Including Employee Screening, On-Site Safety Measures, Reasonable Accommodation, Mandatory Vaccines, and Refusal to Work Issues
- New Challenges Faced by Today’s General Counsel: Including Return to Work Requirements, Travel Restrictions, Combatting Institutionalized Racism, Employee Protests, Labor/Management Relations, and Dealing with the Press
- Strategies for Effective, Compassionate and Liability-Free Handling of Furloughs, Layoffs, and Terminations: Including Issues Related to Documentation, Severance Pay, Privacy and Unemployment
- Managing Employee Leaves of Absence: Including Leaves Under the Massachusetts Paid Family and Medical Leave Law (PFMLL) and Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA), and How These New Laws Dovetail with Existing Obligations Under the FMLA, Massachusetts Sick Leave Law, and Other Leave Laws
- Litigation in the Middle of a Pandemic: Including Novel Claims, Remote Proceedings, and Practical Tips for Helping Your Outside Litigation Counsel to More Effectively Help You
Kugell is an established employment lawyer who counsels business owners and management through virtually every scenario surrounding the employer-employee relationship. As Chair of Morgan, Brown & Joy’s Management Committee, she brings strong leadership skills to clients, helping them to make important business decisions and manage their operations efficiently while minimizing risks. Her practice encompasses daily employment counseling, training, employment litigation, collective bargaining and labor arbitration. Kugell proactively works with clients to avoid allegations of wrongdoing, carefully advising on ways to run operations that meet business objectives and achieve compliance.
MCLE is the Massachusetts legal community’s premier provider of hands-on educational programs and reference materials. Its particular focus is applied law: practical, highly concrete training for attorneys in the essential elements of professional practice. MCLE presents more than 250 programs annually, in a variety of in-person and online formats and has published more than 160 practice manuals.
About Morgan, Brown & Joy, LLP
Morgan, Brown & Joy is among the largest management-side employment law firms in New England, representing a wide range of Fortune 100 corporations, educational and health care institutions and small businesses across all sectors of the economy. The firm’s attorneys are known for anticipating and finding solutions to the ever-expanding range of employment-related legal issues in order to avoid the time and cost of litigation. When litigation becomes necessary, the firm aggressively defends its clients and has a proven record of success.