Morgan, Brown & Joy partner Jaclyn L. Kugell will participate in the Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education’s (MCLE) webinar, “Employment Law for Business Lawyers & In-House Counsel” on January 27, 2022. Kugell will share her expertise on how business lawyers and in-house counsel can help clients avoid common employment law issues, maintain compliance, and manage employment claims in the ever-changing legal landscape. Specifically, Kugell and fellow MCLE faculty will address:
- How to navigate the challenges of an increasingly remote workforce, including impact upon employee policies, wage and hour requirements, discipline, trade secret protection, recruitment, and data security;
- Winding down COVID-19 in the workplace, including lingering vaccination and testing considerations;
- The latest in non-competition and trade secret law, including discussion of the first case to meaningfully interpret the 2018 Massachusetts Noncompetition Agreement Act, and strategies to prepare for legislative and executive efforts to limit noncompetes;
- Developments in wage and hour law, including important lessons from the SJC’s recent decision in the Concert Blue Hill case;
- A plaintiff-side lawyer’s perspective: Impact of COVID-19 and Remote Work on Employee Claims
- Employment law challenges faced by today’s general counsel; and
- An “Ask the Experts” Q&A session and key takeaways.
To learn more and register, visit here.
Kugell is an established employment lawyer who counsels business owners and management through virtually every scenario surrounding the employer-employee relationship. As Chair of Morgan, Brown & Joy’s Management Committee, she brings strong leadership skills to clients, helping them to make important business decisions and manage their operations efficiently while minimizing risks. Her practice encompasses daily employment counseling, training, employment litigation, collective bargaining and labor arbitration. Kugell proactively works with clients to avoid allegations of wrongdoing, carefully advising on ways to run operations that meet business objectives and achieve compliance.
MCLE is the Massachusetts legal community’s premier provider of hands-on educational programs and reference materials. Its particular focus is applied law: practical, highly concrete training for attorneys in the essential elements of professional practice. MCLE presents more than 250 programs annually, in a variety of in-person and online formats and published more than 160 practice manuals.
About Morgan, Brown & Joy, LLP
Morgan, Brown & Joy is among the largest management-side employment law firms in New England, representing a wide range of Fortune 100 corporations, educational and health care institutions and small businesses across all sectors of the economy. The firm’s attorneys are known for anticipating and finding solutions to the ever-expanding range of employment-related legal issues in order to avoid the time and cost of litigation. When litigation becomes necessary, the firm aggressively defends its clients and has a proven record of success.