- Awards & Recognition
- Community, Pro Bono & Memberships
- News, Publications & Events
Cassandra S. Fuller (Santoro) counsels and defends private employers and not-for-profit corporations across all labor and employment matters. Her experience addresses all matters of workplace discrimination and harassment, employee discipline, retaliation, termination, employee leave matters, and employment policy development. As a result of this experience, Cassandra regularly conducts trainings on the prevention of unlawful harassment and other employment matters.
Cassandra defends employers against employment discrimination, retaliation, wrongful termination, breach of contract, Family and Medical Leave Act claims, and Massachusetts Paid Family and Medical Leave Law claims before both federal and state courts. Cassandra’s litigation experience includes obtaining summary judgement for clients on claims of wrongful termination, breach of contract, age and race discrimination, and retaliation, including a case where she prevailed on appeal to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit. Additionally, Cassandra successfully defends employers in wage and hour matters including state and U.S. Department of Labor audits and federal and state lawsuits, including class actions.
In addition to her litigation experience, Cassandra also represents clients in administration matters involving federal and state agencies. She presents before government agencies, including the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination, the New York State Division of Human Rights, the Department of Labor, and other state anti-discrimination agencies. She obtains numerous lack of probable cause determinations for employers in defending discrimination, harassment, and retaliation claims before these government agencies.
Prior to joining the firm, Cassandra was an associate with a regional law firm based in upstate New York. In this role, she handled a wide range of labor & employment matters, as well as commercial litigation and tort matters. In addition to her employment litigation work before both the state and federal courts, Cassandra has experience defending insurers in various tort actions, including product liability and personal-injury cases, and commencing lawsuits on behalf of businesses for actions such as defamation and breach of contract. Clients appreciate Cassandra’s direct approach and well-rounded legal experience working on behalf of company management.
Awards & Recognition
- New York State Bar Association, Empire State Counsel Honoree, 2018
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch, Labor and Employment Law – Management; Litigation – Labor and Employment, 2023
- Board of Directors, Netria Corporation
- Board of Directors, Alltek Energy Systems
Community Involvement & Pro Bono
- Habitat for Humanity, volunteer
- United Way, volunteer
- Defended an inmate in a pro bono civil rights jury trial in the Northern District of New York.
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Northern District of New York Federal Court Bar Association
- New York
- State of Massachusetts
- State of New York
- District of Massachusetts Federal Court
- Northern District of New York Federal Court
- Southern District of New York Federal Court
- Eastern District of New York Federal Court
- Providence College, B.A., cum laude, 2013
- Suffolk University Law School, J.D., magna cum laude, 2016